A homemade version of the popular and delicious sea salt chocolate RX bar. I always balk at the prices of RX bars, so I've decided to make my own. Based on several copycat recipies I've tried, I've tweaked this one to be the perfect combination. It has the consistency and taste that I enjoy most about a real RX bar.
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup powdered egg whites (or unflavored egg white protein)
- 3/4 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Sea salt
- Puree the dates in the food processor
- Add the additional ingredients (except for sea salt) and puree
- Add 1/2 tsp water to mix and continue to puree
- Add water in 1 tsp increments until the mix darkens in color and holds when pressed into a small ball
- Line a dish with parchment paper and put mix in the dish
- Crack or sprinkle sea salt over mix in dish and press salt into mix
- Once the mix has the shape of the dish, remove the mix and press with dish to flatten into a smooth square
- Cut the mix into bars as desired
Powdered egg whites can be hard to find - I suggest Amazon, a local natural grocer, or health foods store.
I recommend consuming the copycat RX bars within seven days, if they last that long. Mine seem to disappear in two.
Serving Size1 bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 14gProtein 10g
Nutrition information is a best guess and is not guaranteed.