Yield: 1 jar
Do It Yourself: Pickled Jalapeños
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
I had a lot of leftover jalapeños and had just finished a jar of pickled jalapeños - perfect timing! I love the taste of fresh jalapeños but can't always handle the spice. I find pickled jalapeños are muted on the spiciness and flavor. I'll marinate them a shorter period of time than store-bought jalapeños to see if I can find a balance that works for me. You'll need an airtight jar to store the pickles - this is a great chance to upcycle!
- 12 large jalapeños
- 1 cup boiled water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1.5 tbs salt
- 1.5 cloves of garlic (bruised and slices)
- 1/2 tbs peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- Boil the vinegar and water in a pot. Add the sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Chop the jalapeños to desired thickness and put in the pickling jar. Add the bay leaf and garlic.
- Pour the simmering liquid into the jar and seal it tight with the lid.
- Store the pickled jalapeños in the fridge and eat as desired!
Keep in mind these pickled jalapeños are not shelf stable - they should be kept refrigerated. Pickled jalapeños are great if you're on a vegetarian, vegan, or low-fat diet.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 13Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 477mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 0g
Nutrition information is a best guess and is not guaranteed.