Miso paste is great, but a little bit goes a long way. I like squeezing into a lot of my recipes to add variety. It adds saltiness and "funkiness" to anything so it holds up against the brussel sprouts. The sesame oil is a great earthy complement to the funkiness of the miso.
The brussel sprouts are a great side for the Trader Joe's Zhoug Chicken.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 tbs white miso sauce
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Half or quarter the brussel sprouts depending on their size.
- Mix the white miso and water together and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Add the sesame oil to the miso/water mix.
- Coat the brussel sprouts in olive oil, mix in the sauce.
- Spread the brussel sprouts onto a baking sheet, cook in the oven until crispy. Toss to coat occasionally. I cooked the brussel sprouts for
Adding water to the miso makes it nice and smooth.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 0mgSodium 150mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is a best guess and is not guaranteed.