Have you heard all the bad things about dryer sheets? Not only are they expensive, they often have unlisted or untested ingredients, can be harmful to sensitive skin, and cause towels to be less absorbent. These homemade dryer balls are the perfect replacement to dryer sheets. They're also cheap, easy, and reusable!
- 2 wool dryer balls (or multiples of two if you want different scents)
- Essential oil(s) of your choice
- Use a sharpie to label which set corresponds to which scent (especially if doing multiple scents).
- Add 15-20 drops of the essential oil to each ball.
- Let the oil soak into the wool balls for around 45 minutes.
- Reapply the drops as needed - I suggest every 5-6 loads.
If you're looking to mix up your scents, buy multiple sets of dryer balls. I do not recommend reusing different scents with the same set. If you want to try for a different scent, use your favorite cologne.
I love lavender for my bed sheets and rose for my bathroom towels.